About This Product
For Introduction to College, Student Success, Study Skills, Career and Professional Development courses.
MyStudentSuccessLab (www.mystudentsuccesslab.com) is an interactive learning environment where students ASSESS, PRACTICE, and APPLY what they learn.
This easy-to-use lab will help you discover your learning strengths and weaknesses and build the skills needed to succeed in college. Track your academic and personal growth, develop self-awareness, practice study and self-management skills, and learn to set and achieve goals in this course and beyond. It includes Text-specific chapter objectives, quizzes, an e-Book, weblinks, and additional tests. Video clips and interactive case studies reinforce the course content. Popular student resources such as the Prentice Hall Planner, Student Reflection Journal, 10 Ways to Fight Hate, and Student Success Supersite are posted here. In addition, you get access to the Understanding Plagiarism Guide and Online Dictionary.
MyStudentSuccessLab is available for Stand alone purchase in the bookstore (or online) as alternate options, priced at 65% of the list price of the text. Please contact your local sales professional for the correct ISBN to order, or call 1-800-526-0485.
¡ Course level assessment - Includes a Pre- and Post course test that allows students to gauge their progress over the term.
¡ Chapter level assessment- Includes Chapter Objectives and a Pre-Test help students prepare to master the topics before they begin the chapter.
¡ E-book with multimedia - The text-specific sites have an e-book that is embedded with MyStudentSuccess icons noting interactive features for each chapter, video with contextual questions, podcasts, reading logs, weblinks, exercises and more. Instructors and students alike have the ability to highlight text to share, take notes on important concepts, search for key terms in the glossary right from the e-book page, and more.
¡ Interactive Case Study -These problem-solving case studies offer students the chance to apply skills and strategies in an interactive setting. Students will be confronted with situations that occur in the academic and work world and asked to make decisions. Scenarios build higher-order thinking skills and reinforce student success skills in listening, communication, time management, reading, information literacy, and so on.
¡ Goal Tracker and Journaling tool helps students set and monitor goals as they move through each chapter and set goals for personal success at the culmination of the course.
¡ Chapter comprehension test includes multiple choice, true/false, fill-in-the-blank, short answer, and essay questions, the results of which report to a grade book.
¡ Student Resources Section provides a wealth of discipline specific resources which supplement learning. They include the Understanding Plagiarism guide, Prentice Hall Planner, Student Reflection Journal, 10 Ways to Fight Hate, Student Success Supersite, Online Dictionary, and Beginning Your Career.
¡ Instructor Resources Section offers all book specific resources in one convenient place to supplement your teaching and is particularly helpful to adjunct instructors. Materials posted include a Correlation Guide to integrating MyStudentSuccessLab into the classroom, Instructor’s Manual, Test Bank, PowerPoint slides, and relevant DVD’s or Instructor websites.
¡ Course Management functionality allows instructors to set up their class and record grades and monitor class progress via GradeTracker in WPS. Results can also be exported to the school’s Learning Management System (ie. — Blackboard, WebCT, eCollege, Angel, Desire to Learn, etc.).
Table of Contents
TOPICS COVERED: (Please Note that this may vary slightly for book specific sites)
Welcome to College/College Culture
WITHIN EACH CHAPTER TOPIC:
· Chapter Objectives
· Chapter Pre-Assessment
· E-book (with Multimedia features)
· Interactive Case Study
· Journaling and Goal Setting activity
· Comprehension Test
WITHIN RESOURCES SECTION:
· Understanding Plagiarism guide
· Prentice Hall Planner
· Student Reflection Journal
· 10 Ways to Fight Hate
· Student Success Supersite
· Online Dictionary
· Beginning Your Career
MyStudentSuccessLab (www.mystudentsuccesslab.com) is an interactive learning environment where students APPLY what they learn. This easy-to-use lab will help you discover your learning strengths and weaknesses and build the skills you need to succeed in college. You can track your academic and personal growth, develop self-awareness, practice study and self-management skills, and learn to set and monitor goals in this course and beyond.
The lab includes these features:
· Course level assessment – Take a pre- and post-course test to gauge your progress.
· Topic level assessment—Not all topics take the same amount of time to master. Review objectives and take a topic pre-test so you can spend less time on areas you understand—and more time on topics where you need extra help.
· E-book with multimedia – For text-specific sites, simply click on the MyStudentSuccessLab icons in the e-book to gain access to content, including interactive chapter features, video, weblinks, journal prompts, self-assessments, chapter exercises and more.
· Interactive Case Study – Practice your decision making skills with these interactive scenarios. Each case requires you to apply skills and strategies you’ve learned in the course—such as time management, critical thinking, and listening--to solve problems. At the end of the scenario, you’ll get constructive feedback about each choice you made as you worked through the case.
· Goal Tracker and Journaling tool – Our unique Goal Tracker and Journaling tool will help you learn to set realistic goals as you move through each chapter—and keep track of your progress in reaching those goals. It will also help you discover what’s stopping you from meeting your objectives—and what will help you succeed.
· Chapter comprehension test – After reading a chapter, take a post-test to check your comprehension. You can choose from multiple choice, true/false, fill in the blank, short answer, and essay questions.
· Understanding Plagiarism guide, Prentice Hall Planner, Student Reflection Journal, 10 Ways to Fight Hate, Student Success Supersite, Dictionary Of Contemporary English Online, and Beginning Your Career
MyStudentSuccessLab allows you to set your own pace, build self awareness, and practice what you need and set personal goals so you can succeed in college, career, and life.